The objectives of SEFCEDA are as follows:
- Increase per capita income of residents. Promote the education, training and development of Southeast Fresno residents for their empowerment and upper mobility in employment or participation in business development opportunities.
- Reduce unemployment in SE Fresno. Develop initiatives that help existing businesses prosper and promote the creation and attraction of new businesses and new jobs.
- Increase home ownership by residents.
- Increase the availability and access to health services in SE Fresno.
- Increase the number of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities
for families, youth, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
- Increase the participation of Southeast Fresno residents in the civic, economic, and community engagement in the decision-making process of the Fresno region.